Chevy Silverado SS
Ein Name kommt zurück - Der Silverado SS reiht sich in beste Gesellschaft alter SS (SuperSport) Fahrzeuge ein. Ein Name der Tradition im Hause General Motors hat.
Quellennachweis: General Motors / Ultimatecarpage.com
|There has always been a mystique surrounding Chevy's 'SS' (Super Sport) heritage. The SS emblem on the side of a Chevy gave notice to the world that the vehicle had the right stuff. The Silverado SS is based on the 1500 extended cab short bed.
A standard full-time, all-wheel-drive (AWD), viscous-coupled transfer case uses the traction of four driving wheels to provide exceptional on-road, wet or dry pavement handling. It requires no driver intervention, and automatically and continuously transfers torque from slipping wheels to those with a firmer grip in a smooth, almost imperceptible manner. Its continuous 38-percent / 62-percent front-to-rear torque split provides optimum handling and control, further enhanced by a standard full locking rear differential.
The custom interior is Dark Pewter and fully equipped with uplevel LT trim. Its full feature leather bucket seats have special 'SS' embroidered headrests and an 'SS' emblem on the redesigned instrument panel. The instrument panel cluster has distinctive white backlighting, with orange pointers. SS customers have a choice of an in-dash six-disc CD changer or a combination single-disc CD / cassette player with their next-generation AM/FM stereos. A premium six-speaker Bose audio system and GM's next-generation OnStar system are standard, along with a center console, eight-button steering wheel controls, a dual-zone automatic climate control system and many other new features.
- Country of origin United States
- Year of introduction 2003
- Numbers built N/A
- Body design N/A
- Weight 2403 kg / 5297.7 lbs
- Engine Vortec H.O. 6000 90º V8
- Engine location Front, longitudinally mounted
- Displacement 5.967 liter / 364.1 cu in
- Valvetrain 2 valves/cylinder, OHV
- Fuel feed Sequential central port Fuel injection
- Aspiration Naturally Aspirated
- Gearbox 4L65-E 4 Speed Automatic
- Drive All wheel drive
- Power 345 bhp / 257.4 kW @ 5200 rpm
- BHP/Liter 57.8
- Torque 516 Nm / 380.6 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm
- Power to weight ratio 0.14 bhp/kg
- Top Speed N/A
- 0-60 mph Acceleration N/A